Crocheted Bath Mitt
Pattern description from One Skein: “Refresh yourself while you bathe with an invigorating rub with a crocheted mitt or knitted puffy, both made from naturally abrasive aloo yarn imported from Nepal. The aloo plant is believed to have medicinal powers that can relieve headaches and fever. What a better way to rejuvenate after a hard day? Like linen the fibers have little elasticity and may be hard on your hands, but the toning rewards are worth the effort. Two seams transform a simple rectangle worked in Tunsian crochet into a practical bath mitt that fits over a hand or bar of soap. The puffy is knitted as a tube that is flattened, folded accordion style, then tied in the center with an I-cord rope.”
Finished Size: About 4.5” (11.5 cm) wide and 6” (15 cm) long.
- Worsted-weight (CYCA Medium #4) yarn.
- Himalaya Yarn Aloo (100% nettle plant fiber; 150 yd 137 m/100 g): #AL-00 natural.
- One skein is enough to make both projects
- Mitt: size N/15 (10 mm) afghan hook.
- Edging: size F/5 (3.75 mm) regular crochet hook.
- Change hook size if necessary to obtain the correct gauge.
Notions: Tapestry needle; stitch marker for puffy.
Exact gauge is not critical for these projects.