Cuboid Felted Box Bag
Lightly felted, this box bag retains its stitch definition and angular patterning, while still lending a protective layer to
the contents inside.
Cuboid is knit flat in one piece. Fabric lining is applied with fusible webbing, then the bag gets folded up origami style and seamed together with a sewing machine. No machine? No problem! The zipper can easily be sewn in by hand, and the rest of the bag can be seamed with yarn and tapestry thread. Easy peasy - promise! Photographic tutorial included in the 2-page pattern.
6” high x 6” wide x 9” long
- 2 skeins The Unique Sheep Back to Basics (100% Wool; 171 yards per 100 gram skein); color: Pickle Basket
- US 8/5mm straight needles
- Stitch holder
- 12-inch zipper in a coordinating color
- Sewing thread and needle or sewing machine
- 9” x 26” fabric for lining
- 9” x 24” heavy duty iron on adhesive (such as Wonder-Under or Heat N Bond) for lining
15 sts/22 rows = 4 inches in stockinette
Please note that the handle shown on the sample bag was knitted in reverse stockinette, slipping the first stitch of each row; the pattern calls for the handle to be worked in garter stitch. :)
Making one of these? We’d love to have you come join Club Sexy and show us what you’ve got!