A basic hat with an added pop of color using wrapped stitches. Worked from the brim to the crown, this versatile hat can be knit in an unlimited number of color combinations to go with any outfit.
Photo tutorial of wrapped stitches included or find it on my blog Wrapped Stitches Tutorial.
• Working in the round
• Wrap stitches (cluster)
• Making pompom
• Provisional cast on
Child, Small Adult, Large Adult
• Brim circumference of 16.75 (18.5, 20) inches unstretched. Stretches approximately 2” larger.
• Height of 9 inches (not including pompom)
Worsted weight 100% wool yarn.
MC 130 (150, 180) yards; CC 90 yards
Sample knit with Patons Classic Wool Merino; 100% wool; 223 yards in 100g; MC Dark Grey, CC Currant in size Large Adult
20 sts and 26 rows is 4” on size US6 (4.0mm) needle in the round
• 2 - Size US6 (4.0mm) 16” circular needles
• Size US7 (4.5mm) 16” circular needle and needle of choice for working small circumference in the round
Or needle sizes needed to get gauge
• Cable needle
• 1 removable stitch marker
• Tapestry needle
• Pompom maker