Pattern description from The Celtic Collection: “The pattern on this slipover is taken from a single border on an illuminated manuscript from Lindisfarne, a tiny island off the cost of Northumberland, North East England. The regular character of the border makes it an excellent Fair Isle design - one that can be repeated across the width of the knitting and for the length of the fabric. Worked here in a subtle mix of tweed and silk and wool yarns, this garment will be popular with both men and women.”
- To fit bust/chest 86-92 (102-107) cm/34-36 (40-42)”
- Underarm 102 (114) cm/40 (45)”
- Length from top of shoulder 57 (63) cm/22½ (24¾)”
- Yarn: Rowan Donegal Lambswool Tweed; Silk/Wool; Silkstones; Wool/Cotton
- A. Pickle Donegal Tweed (483) 50(70)g; B. Bramble Donegal Tweed (484) 50g; C. Elderberry Donegal Tweed (490) 50g; D. Sapphire Donegal Tweed (486) 25g; E. Roseberry Donegal Tweed (480) 25g; F. Pine Silk/Wool (860) 40g; G. Moss Green Silk/Wool (852) 40g; H. Donkey Silk/Wool (856) 40(60)g; I. Silkstones Dried Rose (825) 50g; J. Mulberry Silkstones (836) 50g; K. Musk Wool/Cotton (913) 80g
- One set of double pointed or circular needles in 2¾mm (US2) and 3¼mm (US3) needles.
- 3 stitch holders
- Stitch markers
- Safety pin
- 1 Darner
The original yarns are discontinued and may be substituted.