Dean Yoke Cardigan POC
Finished Size: 40 (44, 48)” approximate bust/chest width.
- Kimmet Croft Fibers’ Fairy Hare (60% Rambouillet wool, 40% Angora; 1 oz. = approx. 150 yards/137 meters): 8 (9, 10) oz. #FF1 (MC); 0.5 oz. each #FF82, and #FF40; 0.33 oz. #FF78; 0.25 oz.each #FF72, #FF66, #FF64, and #FF81.
- Jamieson & Smith’s 2 Ply Jumper Weight (100% pure Shetland wool; 1 oz. = approx. 150 yards/137 meters): 0.33 oz. #203 Gray
- Nine 5/8” buttons
- Size 3 for unpatterned area - 16” and 29” circular, and double pointed
- Size 2 for patterned area - 16” and 29” circular, and double pointed
- Size 1 for ribbing: 29” circular, and double pointed.
Note: “Follow graph making increases or decreases in rounds indicated. This is necessary to make the sts in the round evenly divisible by the number of sts in the pattern repeat.”
There are two authorized reproductions of this original Bohus Stickning design. One is from the book Poems of Color, and one was reproduced by SOLsilke and is now produced by AngoraGarnet. The two reproductions are visually similar, but use different weights of yarn, gauges, stitch counts, construction and directions, so they are not interchangable. To avoid confusion, here is a comparison of the two versions:
Poems of Color SOLsilke/AngoraGarnet Yarn Sport / 5 ply Lace / 2 ply Gauge 7/inch 8.25/inch Stitch count size 44 size 44 Neck band 120 154 Bust 308 352 Waist 308 328 Construction circular yoke circular Body & sleeves flat
These two versions, from Poems of Color and from SOLsilke/AngoraGarnet, are different patterns, and should be kept separate.