If you purchase 5 patterns from my Ravelry Store at the same time (place them all in your cart before checking out), you will automatically receive the least expensive for free!
Open front cardigans are my favorite sweater type because you can put them on in a jiffy, and you look so much more approachable than when all buttoned up!
This one (worked top-down in raglan construction – of course seamless, as always) has an interesting textured pattern on the sleeves and the back part of the wide hem. The hem as well as the cuffs are set off by an elegant chained row (easy to make with a detailed picture tutorial), and last, but not least, there are pockets hidden in the hem – just what you need to feel relaxed, but still well dressed!
“Deep Feelings” was designed in collaboration with Dream in Color Yarn.
- Dream in Color Everlasting DK (100% Merino): 100g/ 275 yards (251 meters); 4 (4, 5, [5, 5, 6], 6, 7, 7) skeins or approx. 950 (1050, 1150, [1250, 1350, 1460], 1570, 1680, 1800) yards 868 (960, 1051, [1143, 1235, 1335], 1435, 1536, 1645) meters of any DK weight yarn that knits up to gauge = Main Yarn.
- Dream in Color Everlasting Sock (100% Merino): 100g/ 400 yards (366 meters); approx. 100 yards [92 meters] of any fingering weight yarn = Pocket Yarn. The sample is knit in colorway “Tart”.
- US 4 – 3.5 mm circular needle
- US 6 – 4 mm circular needle
- 2 stitch markers in one color (Cm = collar-band markers)
- 4 stitch markers in a second color (RGm = raglan markers and UNm = underarm markers)
- 4 stitch markers in a third color (SLm = sleeve markers)
- stitch holder or scrap yarn
- crochet hook for provisional cast-on
- tapestry needle
XS (S, M, M1, L, L1, XL, 2X, 3X)
To fit: 30 (34, 36, [38, 40, 42], 44, 48, 52)” [76 (86, 91.5, [96.5, 101.5, 106.5], 111.5, 122, 132) cm] bust circumference.
Check the final measurements on page 9.
The cardigan is meant to be worn with zero to a small amount of positive ease.
21 sts and 28 rows per 4” [10 cm] in reverse stockinette stitch made with Main Yarn using larger needles (measured after blocking).
Questions? Join Hanna’s group -- Hada’s Little Corner.
HEM Row 4: Work right-collar band, sm (Cm), * k1, p3, k2, (p1tbl, k1) twice; repeat from * to 5 sts between next collar-band m, k1, p3, k1, sm (Cm), work left-collar band.