This ball is formed with 30 diamonds. It is a Rhombic Triacontahedron.
• 80 grams of Sport/DK cotton of various different colors (I used 3 colors).
• A balloon or other stuffing, such as fiberfill.
• Side of each diamond =7 cm
• Diagonals =7 cm and 12 cm
(but they will measure more when you inflate the ball).
• Diameter of the ball = 20,5 cm approx.
• Circumference of the ball = 64 cm approx.
(it is smaller than a soccer ball).
You can customize your ball as you like: change the size, color or model of diamond, etc. Find the instructions to do it in the section VARIANTS of the pattern.
chain, slip stitch, single crochet (US), double crochet (US).
I sewed the pieces at the end. You can ‘join-as-you-go’.