Fully updated October 2016:
- UK and US versions
- Charts for both gloves
- stitch counts for all rounds
strong textThis pattern is for a pair of fingerless gloves with a beautiful ‘scale’ pattern across the back of the hand
- dragon scales cover the back of the hand and curl around the thumb
- the palm is made using a flatter stitch so that the scales won’t get in the way when typing or hugging hot chocolate mugs
- shaping in the wrist so they fit snugly
- the edges are finished with a pretty scallop pattern Wear them over your own gloves when the weather is colder (perfect for using touchscreens)
The pattern is intermediate level.
- Fingering weight yarn which gives ~360m per 100g eg Madelinetosh sock, Fyberspates Vivacious, Colinette Jitterbug
- 3.5mm hook (or size required to obtain gauge)
- Stitch marker or scrap yarn to mark the start of each round
The pattern is written for two sizes based on the circumference of the palm, just above the thumb.
S/M fits up to a 19cm circumference
M/L fits up to a 22cm circumference
See the last page of the pattern for help on customising the gloves to fit you perfectly.