Dry Creek Cardigan
Finished Bust Size
34 (36, 38, 40, 42, 44, 46, 48, 50, 52) inches
Suggested ease of 0-2 inches
- Berroco Ultra Alpaca Fine; 50% Peruvian Wool, 20% Super Fine Alpaca, 30% Nylon (100 g / 433 yds), sample shown in color 1294-Turquise Mix.
- Approximately 825 (950, 1050, 1125, 1200, 1325, 1425, 1500, 1575, 1650) yards fingering weight yarn.
25 sts = 4 inches in st st using larger needles.
- US 5 / 3.75 mm circular needles for body
- US 3 / 3.25 mm circular needles for ribbing or size to obtain gauge
- stitch markers
- Tapestry needle
- stitch holders or scrap yarn
- 6-8 buttons, depending on preferred spacing
- Thread and needles to attach buttons
- Grograin ribbon or backing buttons (optional)
Knit from the bottom up in one piece to the armholes, then the fronts and back are worked separately to the shoulders. Shoulders are seamed using 3-needle bind-off. Short rows are used to shape the shoulder slope. Set in sleeves are picked up and worked down from the armholes, using short-rows to shape sleeve cap.