Pattern description from The Celtic Collection: “The use of a coloured geometric motif within a knotwork pattern is a recurrent theme in many illuminated manuscripts. The Book of Durrow, now in Trinity College, Dublin, with its bold knotwork in black, gold, red and green, inspired both my choice of colours and use of knotwork in this design. I have used a panel based on these ideas for the centre back and front of this sweater, then I highlighted the ribbed borders with tripes in the same bright colours.”
- To fit chest/bust 91-97 (101-107, 112-117) cm/36-38 (40-42, 44-46)”
- Underarm 109 (117, 125) cm/43 (46, 49)”
- Length from top of shoulder 64 (66, 68) cm/25¼ (26, 26¾)”
- Sleeve length 47 (48, 49) cm/18½ (19, 19¼)”
- Yarn: Rowan Donegal Tweed; Rowan Fine Cotton Chenille
- Note: All yarns are used doubled throughout.
- A. Donegal Rainforest (489) 750(800, 850)g; B. Fine chenille Lacquer (388) 75g; C. Fine Chenille Willow (395) 75g; D. Fine Chenille Privet (394) 25g
- Pair each 3¾mm (US5) and 4½ (US7) needles.
- 1 Cable needle
- 2 Stitch holders
- 1 Darning needle
Summary: A crewneck pullover that combines colorwork, cables and pattern stitches.
Note: Many of the recommended yarns have been discontinued.