From Vogue Knitting American Collection:
Floral motifs give this textured cardigan feminine charm. The borders and cuffs are knitted with eyelets, through which seam binding is threaded to form pretty rosebuds and leaves. The close-fitting cardigan has a mini-shawl collar and set-in sleeves. … The Embroidered Cardigan first appeared in the Holiday ‘88 issue of Vogue Knitting.
- 8 (8, 9, 10) 1 3/4oz / 50g balls (each approx. 121yd/110m) of Baruffa/Lane Borgosesia Maratona (wool 4) in #8533 celery.
- 1 spool each (each approx 100yd/90m) of Judi and Co 1/2 in ribbon (rayon 5) in olive green and dusty pink, or seam binding.
- one pair size 6 (4mm) needles OR SIZE TO OBTAIN GAUGE
- twelve 3/8in/10mm buttons
- stitch markers and stitch holders
The original ribbon used for this sweater is no longer available. A comparable substitution has been made which is available at the time of printing.