Enjoy $1 off Etta from December 8-11, 2103. Discount is applied at checkout. Happy knitting!
Etta is now available through Ravelry and has been updated to include the errata from the magazine issue.
Perfect for snuggling up with your favourite book, the Etta tunic will fast become one of your favourite knitted pieces. It’s a relatively simple design in terms of construction – knit in one piece from the top down – allowing you to concentrate on the pretty cable pattern, which is the same on the front and back.
Since layering is one of my favorite ways to keep warm, I designed a cable and lace tunic that is long and roomy with short sleeves. Aran weight yarn makes Etta quick to knit with no seaming involved. It is perfect to throw on and sit by the fire or to shovel the snow!
Needles & Notions:
• US 8 (5mm) OR size needed to obtain gauge; circular needles for body; 32” (80cm)
• US 7 (4.5mm) OR one size smaller than size needed to obtain gauge, 32” (80cm) circular needles
• US 7 (4.5mm) OR one size smaller than size needed to obtain gauge, 12”-16” (30-50cm) circular needles for sleeve cuffs & neck band
• 8 stitch markers to mark raglan shaping, plus optional markers to mark repeats
• Waste yarn for sleeve stitches
• Tapestry Needles
Difficulty Rating: Advanced Beginner to Intermediate
Errata - Magazine Issue Only (newly released digital copy includes the following errata):
Gauge: 16sts per 4” (10cm)
Cable Chart Key:
C4Fp: Sl3 to CN, hold to front, p1 from
LH needle, k3 from CN.
C4Bp: Sl1 to CN, hold to back, k3
from LH needle, p1 from CN.
Cable Chart: Row 10, Sts 14 &15 should be purl sts.
Pg 25: Missing from print version only: Rep last 2 rows 12 (14, 16, 18, 21, 24, 27) more times (working newly inc’d sts into lace patt for a total of 2 (2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3) reps plus 2 purl sts). 206 (226, 242, 262, 286, 314, 338) sts