Pattern Description from MarnieMacLean.com: “Who ever said that cotton was just for casual clothing? The beautiful subtle variegations in Papyrus make the piece look like a watercolor painting, which is really only where the glamour begins. I really love the way lace looks worked in this yarn. The stitches are clear and distinct, and the ribbon glides effortlessly over the needles, making it delightfully quick to finish. Paired with beads along the hem and at the end of the ties, you’ll be catching the eyes of admirers, coming and going.”
Gauge: You will not be required to work to a particular gauge.
- #8 circular needles
- 4 skeins of Papyrus in color of choice
- 4 stitch markers
- Stitch holders or scrap yarn
- Less than 1 skein of cotton crochet thread in size 10
- Size 7 steel crochet hook
- Assortment of metal and glass beads (Available through local craft store)
- 1/4” waistband elastic, or .5mm elastic line if desired
Yarn Substitution: Papyrus is a 100% cotton ribbon yarn. Any worsted weight yarn should work, though the fabric may have a slightly different hand.