Extra Extra Cowl
Extra Extra Cowl is knit in the round from the top-down, in four easy stitch patterns: decorative rib, eyelet increase, chevron, and garter stitch. The completed cowl will keep both your neck and upper chest warm and fits easily under a jacket. Pattern is written and charted.
There is an option to knit Extra Extra without eyelets.
This was originally published as a 3-hour cowl with a MKAL, based on the time it took my test knitters. The general consensus from the MKAL participants is that this took about 3 1/2 - 4 1/2 hours. I have removed the time from the title so as not to be misleading. Some will knit it in 3 hours, but others might need as much as 5 hours or more.
• Neck Circumference: 17˝/43 cm
• Lower Circumference: 42.25˝/107.5 cm
• Depth: 7˝/18 cm
16 stitches/21.3 rows = 4˝/10 cm in Stockinette stitch worked flat and unblocked.
• Blue Sky Fibers Extra, 55% baby alpaca, 45% merino wool, 218 yards/199 m per 150 gram skein, 1 skein. Actual yardage used is approximately 140 yards/128 m.
• US size 9/5.5 mm circular needles 16˝/40 cm long or knitter’s preferred needle combination for circular knitting.
• Stitch marker or safety pin
• Tapestry needle