Falling Leaves Bulky Hat
** Please check your gauge before knitting. If you feel body of hat has been worked too “long” and feels “big” on your head, try starting decreases (in purl section) once length gets to crown of head **
This pattern has been rewritten and republished as of Oct 24, 2010. The new version has a smooth crown…old version is “pointier”.
- Confirmed gauge and needle size
- Updated from “chunky” to “BULKY” because I think that some folks were going by the name and not the gauge
- I’ve modified the stitch counts and will provide several size options
- I’ve made the top less “pointy” as this was a general criticism
- I’ve elongated the “leaves” to add length to the body of the hat
Generally speaking, I have to go UP in needle size by .5mm. So if something calls for a 7, I use an 8. In this case, I’ve knit it in a solid 10.5 every time.