Skill Level: Intermediate
- LARGE 47” deep by 90” wide
- SMALL 24” deep by 63” wide
- LARGE Schoolhouse Press Unspun Icelandic (3½oz/100g; 300yds/273m; wool) 4 wheels, Silver Grey
- SMALL Cashmere America 100% cashmere 2-ply (1¾oz/50g; 437yds/400m; cashmere) 2 skeins Oatmeal
- LARGE Size 10 (6mm) circular needle, 29”/72cm
- SMALL Size 3 (3.25mm) circular needle, 24”/60cm
- or sizes to obtain gauge
- Tapestry needle
- 4 markers, 3 of one color, 1 of a contrasting color
- Rust-proof T-pins
- LARGE 15 sts to 4”/10cm in garter st using size 10 (6mm) needle
- SMALL 24 sts to 4”/10cm in garter st using size 3 (3.25mm) needle
Construction Notes: “This shawl is worked back and forth in garter st on circular needles, beginning at lower edge. It is edged on each side by a garter st band, and the Side Panel chart is worked on both sides of the Center Panel. The size of this shawl depends on the yarn and needles used; both shawls are made exactly the same way.”
- Only odd-numbered rows are charted. All even rows are worked as foll: Sl 1 purlwise, k to end.
- See Techniques, p. 162, for cable cast-on, garter st grafting, and sl2tog-k1-p2sso.