The pattern on these socks reminds me of feathers neatly tucked in behind one another, and the way that ducks preen themselves after getting their heads wet. Featherfoot might not give you winged feet, but the mirrored, all-over pattern provides plenty of satisfaction.
The sock is constructed with little details that really count: the feathers flow smoothly out of the cuff ribbing, align with the heel flap, and finish neatly at the toe, while the gusset decreases are concealed in the stitch pattern. Make Featherfoot in your favourite solid or semi-solid sock yarn, or with a gradual stripe like Zauberball or Kureyon Sock.
- 2.5mm circular needle, of preferred length for Magic Loop method
- Or – 2x 2.5mm circular needles, of preferred length for 2 needle method
- Green socks: Cygnet Wool Rich 4 ply in Lovat, 2x 50g
- Multicoloured socks: Schoppel-Wolle Crazy Zauberball in Blasser-Schimmer 2170, 1x 100g
- yarn needle
- stitch markers (optional)
Featherfoot is available in 3 sizes.