Felted Striped Tote
Pattern description from One Skein: “Stripes are a great way to use up partial skeins. You can make the stripes narrow or wide, you can include dozens of colors or just a few - the possibilities are endless. One of my favorite projects is to knit a striped wool bag, then felt it to soften the boundaries between the colors and produce a dense long-wearing fabric. I’ve used five colors in this bag - one for the base and four in a pattern of narrow stripes. Experiment with your stash to come up with other looks.”
- About 20.5” (52 cm) wide at base, 23.5” (59.5 cm) wide at top, and 23.5” (59.5 cm) tall, before felting.
- About 11” (28 cm) wide at base, 13” (33 cm) wide at top, and 11.25” (28.5 cm) tall, after felting.
- Five colors of worsted-weight (CYCA Medium #4) yarn.
- Patons Classic Merino Wool (100% wool; 223 yd 204 m/100 g): #231 chestnut brown, #238 paprika, #208 burgundy, #209 old rose, and #240 leaf green.
- Size 10.5 (6.5 mm): 24” (60 cm) circular (cir).
- Change needle size if necessary to obtain the correct gauge.
Notions: Stitch markers (m); tapestry needle.