Welcome! You are browsing as a guestWould you like to see 54 projects made from this pattern and much more? join Ravelry now What am I missing?
Fitted Jacket with Embroidery
This elaborate pattern draws on Norwegian folk motifs to embellish this ingeniously shaped long fitted jacket.
- Knitted in the round and steeked the princess style shaping is created by a series of decreases and increases between panels of the patterning. Full color charts are provided.
- Rather than carry more than two colors in a row or working in intarsia, the designer suggests that the sweater may be worked in two color stranded knitting and the accent colors added later in duplicate stitch. Additional details are embroidered on the finished knitting.
- Double pointed needles and circular needles in short (16inch) and longer (29 inch) lengths are required in the smaller size and which ever larger size gives you the correct gauge. You will also need 7 or 8 pewter (tin) buttons.
- Three sizes are offered ranging from 37.75 inches (96cm) to 42.125 inches (107cm) finished chest measurement. This would be a difficult pattern to alter because of the complicated way the shaping and the motifs must be linked.
- One color way is suggested. Eight different colors are used. Eight to ten skeins of the primary dark green (2085); 5-7 skeins of cinnamon brown (2098); two skeins each of yellow (2048) and green (2032) and one skein each of turquoise (2052), red (2074), light beige (2008), and grey-brown (2009).
- The pattern appears on page 100 of the English language edition of the book. The book originally appeared in Norwegian under the same title.