Flint is the first pattern from the Sweater for all Seasons Club and ebook. The pattern includes: line by line instructions, charts, tips, customization suggestions, and video tutorial links (see below for a full list).
Finshed Measurements :
Chest: 3337, 41, 45, 49, 53 inches / 8494, 104, 114, 124, 134 cm
Length: 2223, 24, 25, 26, 27 inches / 5658.5, 61, 63.5, 66, 68.5 cm
Flint is worked top down and is knit to fit. The pattern gets you started with specific stitch numbers and includes lots of tips for getting the proper fit. After that most instructions are intentionally given without specific stitch numbers. You decide when to stop making increases and when to start the next section so your sweater fits you exactly the way you like.
Flint will be available as a stand-alone pattern Nov. 15th, 2010.
Now that you have the details for Flint, let me tell you about the Sweater for all Season club.
The club ebook is $24.95 and it includes the following:
1) A new sweater pattern every 3 months for one year, starting with Flint. That’s four women’s sweater patterns total. On January 15th there will be a sporty, textured, zip-up cardigan in Blue Moon Fiber Arts BFL. On April 15th there will be a silky, fitted, pullover hoodie in Blue Moon Fiber Arts Marine Silk Sport. The final sweater, on July 15th, isn’t set in stone yet so you’ll have to trust me on that one.
2) At least 3 bonus patterns. Your first bonus will be a little girls version of Flint. The remaining patterns will be revealed as we progress and released in between the main patterns. You can’t have club without a few surprises!
3) Every pattern will include links to video tutorials for the techniques used in the pattern. Flint has videos for: working the yoke increases, how to fit the yoke, working the front borders with the body, picking up sts and starting the sleeves, the applied i-cord neckline, and sewing the hem. Hooray for videos!
4) Each pattern will also include tips, personalization ideas and support (check out the Ravelry group). I want you to have a great time knitting your sweaters, hopefully learn something along the way, and end up with a garment you love to wear.
5) 10% off of the yarn for the sweater coupon!!!! Every sweater uses a different Blue Moon yarn and each will come with a new 10% off coupon for that yarn. You can read more about the discount offer here.
6) I saved the best for last! All the sweaters in the club are worked with the same construction method (top down) and the same gauge. So you can make the designs as specified, and/or mix and match. For example, you could start with Flint, change the front to a zip-up like the January sweater, and finally add the hood from the April sweater. Plug and play knitting. Pretty awesome, huh?!
7) To help you understand how to make your own combinations there will be a final addition to the ebook, Sept 15, 2011 with a full pattern for a customized sweater including more ideas and instructions for making your own variations.
The club will be available exclusively on Raverly and will be delivered in PDF format only. I will update the ebook each time to include the new pattern, as well as the previous ones, so you will only have to keep track of one file.
All of the women’s sweater patterns will be exclusive to the club for one month from their release and all of the bonus patterns will be exclusive to the club until Oct 15th, 2011.
You can join the club at any time during the year. The entire ebook will also be available for purchase when the club has finished. However, the coupons are only good for 3 months from the release of the sweater they apply to. Sign up early to be involved with the KALs and group support.
For even more details, stop by my blog. You can also follow my progress as I design up coming sweaters there.