Flirt Cowl / Collar
Chunky, cozy, oversized: Flirt is a hand knit cowl/collar with graceful cables and an i-cord edge.
Flirt is one of 25 knitting patterns compiled in Knit & Wrap: 25 Capelets, Collars & Cowls, published by Lark Crafts (ed. Nathalie Mornu) in September 2010.
Shown in Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick & Quick. Other super bulky yarns will also work beautifully (suggested alternates: Twinkle Chunky, Blue Sky Alpaca Bulky and Plymouth Mega Encore).
Intermediate skill level
You will need the following:
- Two skeins Lion Brand Thick & Quick (or at least 212 yards of super bulky yarn)
- One large cable needle (or double pointed needle)
- One button 1-1/2” (4cm) wide
- Two buttons 1” (2.5cm) wide
- Sewing needle/thread in color matching yarn/buttons
- Two small pieces of wool or felt to stabilize the larger button (opt)
- Tapestry needle or crochet hook (weaving in ends)
Flirt is in the book on pages 81-84
Row 31: replace p3, k3 from cn (in the second set of parentheses) with k3, k3 from cn AND replace p2, k3 from cn (in the third set of parentheses) with k3, p2 from cn.
(Note: Handcrafted ceramic button shown is from Classic Beads)