Flower Bell Stole
Save 25% on this pattern during the Indie Holiday Gift-A-Long Sale, starting at 8 pm EST 11/19 through midnight EST 11/27. Use the coupon code giftalong2015.
Join the Ravelry group here to share your yarn choices, knitting progress and show off your finished projects
This stole features several raised Japanese stitch patterns that form a beautiful “flower bell” edging. The stole starts with the edging; the body stitches are picked up off that and worked to the middle. The stitches are put on waste yarn and the second half is worked. Finally, the two pieces are grafted together. The pattern includes instructions for two stole sizes and a scarf.
Pattern is 12 pages.
- picking up stitches
- Increasing and decreasing
- Following charts
- grafting (kitchener stitch)
Finished Size (blocked and stretched):
Scarf –12”/30 cm wide by 54”/137 cm long
Medium Stole – 18”/46 cm wide by 72”/183 cm long
Large Stole – 24”/61 cm wide by 84”/213 cm long
- Stitch markers (2)
- Glow line tape (to mark current row on charts/instructions)
- Tapestry needle
- Large stitch holder (1) or waste yarn
- Blocking wires and pins
Skill Level: Intermediate
Yarn: 840 (1,272, 1,600) yards/768 (1,163, 1463) meters of merino fingering weight yarn that knits up to 7 sts/inch.
String Theory Hand Dyed Yarn ‘Caper Sock’, (400 yards/366 meters; 80% merino, 10% cashmere, 10% nylon; 3.99 oz/113 grams per skein), 4 skeins in Cactus, size Large Stole.
Cephalopod Yarns ‘Skinny Bugga!’, (424 yards/388 yards ; 80% merino, 10% cashmere, 10% nylon; 3.99 oz/113 grams per skein), 3 skeins in Rose Weevil, size Medium Stole.
madelinetosh ‘tosh merino light’, (420 yards/384 meters; 100% merino; 3.53 oz/100 grams per skein), 2 skeins in Grenadine, size Scarf.
Other Possible Yarns:
- Indigodragonfly ‘MCN Sock’, (375 yds/343 meters; 80% merino, 10% cashmere, 10% nylon; 4.06 oz/115 grams per skein).
- Koigu ‘Painters Palette Premium Merino (KPPPM)’, (175 yds/160 meters; 100% merino; 1.76 oz/50 grams per skein).
- Tanis Fiber Arts ‘Red Label Cash Silk Single’, (420 yds/384 meters; 75% merino, 15% cashmere, 10% silk; 4.06 oz/115 grams per skein).
Hard (paper) copies of this pattern may be available from your local yarn shop. Please contact them for more details.