Folk bag is a drawstring pouch combining crochet, knitting and fabric.
Folk bag is a perfect project if you want to:
- create something you can either keep, give or sell easily
- create multiple items from the same pattern
- improve your design skills
- experiment with your ideas and creativity
- use your stash
In the workbook, you will get:
- detailed instructions for three different folk bags
- guidance on how to make your own unique bags
There is guidance on how to choose materials, what design decisions to make in each phase and examples of how the ideas have been applied to various kinds of folk bags. You can keep, give or sell the bags you will make according to the workbook.
This pattern is for all variations of folk bags made according to the instructions from the workbook.
The concept of folk bag was invented in 2008 by Paivi Eerola from Peony and Parakeet. The instructional e-book “Folk Bag Workbook” about designing and making the folk bags was published in English in December 2014, and in Finnish in January 2015.
--- In Finnish --- Suomeksi
Ohje on ilmestynyt myös suomeksi nimellä “Folk Bag -työkirja”. Käännös on linkitetty englanninkielisen yhteyteen. Lisäksi lisätietoa suomeksi löytyy