The mystery knitalong is now finished. Thank you for the fun. The full pattern is now available. See some of the amazing finished projects here.
How about a cowl with no casting on & no binding off?
It’s made in rows but ends up all in one piece. There’s no knitting in the round, no sewing, no grafting, no provisional cast-on, no picking up stitches. Promise.
You can make it to your own custom size, in your own choice of yarn without having to make a tension square. No kidding.
No purling, no knitting. Oh, wait, just joking - there is knitting - it’s garter stitch - with funky stripes and some easy intermediate increasing & decreasing.
It’s an intriguing construction; a real mystery.
This is a flexible pattern. You can go for the “Free Spirits” option to knit from any yarn. BUT I know not every knitter wants to decide everything, right? So, there is a fully designed “Inspiration Stripe” option in two sizes - you just follow the “clues” with the suggested yarn.
Need to bust some stash? “Free spirits” can choose your own size, yarn and stripes. Guidance is given on cowl sizes, and on yarn quantities from fingering to super-bulky. No, you don’t need that gauge square.
- Fyberspates Scrumptious 365m/399yds per 100g skein, 1 skein Oyster & 1 skein Dandelion (a deep purply blue).
- 24sts/48rows per 10cm/4” on 3.75mm/US 5 needles.
- Makes size M: 25cm/10” x 120cm/48” around, to wear loosely in spring or twist up double for warmth.
- Fyberspates Faery Wings 350m/382yds per 100g skein, 1 skein Purple Rain & 1 skein Inky Purple.
- 20sts/40rows per 10cm/4” on 4.5mm/US 7 needles.
- Makes size L: 30cm/12” x 150cm/60” around, oversized to drape around shoulders, twist-up double or even triple.
The MKAL closed on Tuesday 21 May, the sample photographs are revealed and the completed pattern options are uploaded. All projects made during the MKAL are tagged foolproofmkal It was supported in the MKAL thread in my Inspiration Knits group.
Worried all that knitting is going to take too long? Need to bust your stash faster? You might prefer the Instant Cowl instead