Freedom of Hattitude
Note: Use coupon code FREEDOM to get this hat for free. If you choose to purchase it as a thank-you, I am grateful ♥
Want a pussyhat but need room for a ponytail? Want a ponytail / messy bun hat but want the ears of a kitty hat? Never fear! This is a hat with (h)attitude: a messy bun pussyhat!
Hate the current obsession with pussyhats? Or the proliferation of messy bun hats? Never fear! This is clearly not a pussyhat, since there’s a hole at the top; it is clearly not a messy bun hat, since it is done with kitty ears. (Yes, this is Vizzini logic.)
Want a smartass designer? Never fear! I’m here for you.
This pattern is provided under a Creative Commons Attribution License. In plain English, this means you may: use, share, distribute, modify, imitate, adapt, fold, spindle, mutilate, etc., with the only requirement being that you attribute me as the creator.
• Yarn. Can be pink but doesn’t have to be. You have plenty of freedom -- blue? purple? brown? black? rainbow? patriotic stripes? Go wild!
• Needles. Size depends on chosen yarn. If worked in the round, you will need a third needle.
• Yarn needle for weaving in ends; scissors for cutting yarn
• This hat can be worked either flat or in the round.
• Flat option involves: cast on (any method but preferably stretchy), knit, purl, bind off (any method but preferably stretchy), casting on and binding off mid-row, seaming.
• In-the-round version involves cast on (any method but preferably stretchy), knit, purl, 3 needle bind off, standard bind off.
Having fun is