The final pattern in a series of linen/hemp cowls, for summer wear or those seeking an alternative to animal fiber yarns. This is a cowl worked in the round in hemp/cotton/rayon, with both written and charted instructions.
140 yards of DK weight, plant fibre yarn with a gauge of 5.5 sts/inch; preferably one with some hemp or linen content.
Elsebeth Lavold ‘Hempathy’, (153 yards/140 meters; 41% cotton, 34% hemp, 25% rayon; 1.76 oz/50grams per skein). 1 skein in 015 Burnt Orange.
Other Possible Yarns:
Hemp for Knitting #210 Hempton, Katia Linen, Handmaiden Fine Yarn Flaxen, Rowan Lenpur Linen, Rowan Damask, Queensland Collection Cotolino, Plymouth Yarn Linen Isle, Dale of Norway Svale, Phildar Phil Lin, Phildar Muse, KnitPicks CotLin, Berroco Mica, Grignasco Chanson, Louisa Harding Merletto, Patons UK Linen Touch DK, Schachenmayr nomotta Cotton Linen, Lana Grossa Linarte, Lana Grossa Giava, Universal Yarns Summer Linen, Zitron Savanna, Debbie Bliss Amalfi, Isager Strik Viscolin, BC Garn Allino, Elann Callista, Elann Nilo, Elann Sula, Elann Soie Lin, Colourmart Linen/Silk 8/20NM Heavy DK Weight, Mirasol Lachiwa, Hamanaka Flax K, Lineapiu Group Tiffany, Lineapiu Group Innato, Plassard Coton-Lin.
4.00 mm or US #6, 16” (40 cm) long (or size required to obtain gauge)
18.5” circumference x 8” high (46.25 cm x 20 cm)
- This pattern is written to be worked in the round on a short circular needle therefore, every row of the chart should be read from right to left.
- Some stitches move between rounds (becoming the first stitch of the next round instead of the last stitch of the previous round). Extra attention will need to be paid on these rows.
- This pattern is easier to work if stitch markers are placed between each repeat of the Fan Lace Pattern.
- Pattern includes both charts and written instructions.
* Stretchy cast-on and cast-off
* Knitting in the round
* Reading charts
* Lace stitches
Hard (paper) copies of this pattern may be available from your local yarn shop. Please contact them for more details.