Galway Child's Sweater
Pattern description from The Celtic Collection: “I like my designs to fit as many sizes as possible. Once I am working on a theme then I will often make a slightly different version to fit a child. The centre sleeve panel of Kilronan is the perfect size and scale for the main panel of this child’s sweater. The style is suitable casual in a tweed yarn worked double for the toughest wear, with just a touch of chenille in the check patterned borders.”
- To fit age 6-7 (8-9, 10-11) years
- Underarm 80 (88, 94) cm/31½ (34½, 37)”
- Length from top of shoulder 42.5 (46, 50) cm/16¾ (18, 19¾)”
- Sleeve length 34.5 (37, 41) cm/13½ (14½, 16)”
- Yarn: Rowan Donegal Lambswool Tweed; Fine Cotton Chenille
- A. Pickle donegal Tweed (483) 450 (500, 550)g; B. Lacquer Fine Chenille (388) 50g
- Note: Both yarns are used doubled throughout
- 1 Pair each 3¾mm (US5) and 4½ (US7) needles.
- 1 Cable needle
- 2 Stitch holders
- Stitch markers
- 1 Darner
Sizes: Underarm circumference measures 80, 88 or 94 cm (31.5, 34.5 and 37 inches).
Notes: Both suggested yarns are no longer available. Pattern indicates yarn is used doubled throughout.
The Celtic Collection was published in 1992.