Garter Stitch Cardigan
Summary: Garter stitch baby cardigan, knit either in a solid color, or in three colors of stripes.
- for solid-color cardigan: 274 (411, 411, 548, 548, 685) yds. yarn
- for striped cardigan: 137 (274, 274, 274, 411, 411) yds. in color A; 137 (137, 137, 274, 274, 274) yds. in color B; 137 (137, 137, 274, 274, 274) yds. in color C
- 29-inch circular needles in size US 6 / 4.0 mm
- 29-inch circular needles in size US 8 / 5.0 mm
- four 5/8" buttons
- 2 stitch holders
- yarn needle
- scrap yarn, removable stitch markers, or rustproog coil-less safety pins
From Knitting for Baby: The body of this sweater (the two fronts and the back) is worked in one piece up to the armholes. At that point, the work is divided and the different sections (the front, the back, and the sleeves) are worked separately. After all of the seams are sewn, a garter-stitch border is added to correct any unevenness in the knitting along the edges.