Girl mouse in a flowered dress
This pattern is written in English.
This listing is for an extensive PDF file which contains full instructions for knitting and finishing off a little knitted mouse girl in a flowered and frilled dress.
The file is 15 pages long and contains over 50 detailed step-by-step photographs along with full pattern instructions and tips for stuffing, seaming and finishing neatly. It is less of a knitting pattern and more of a ‘how to’ manual.
The pattern is written for knitting flat on two needles and all pieces are seamed afterwards. Please note that this project is not a quick or simple knit. It takes me around 14 hours to make and finish each of the animals that I make and just under half of that time is spent on the finishing off. There are lots of separate pieces which require seaming and sewing and if you are looking for something fast and easy you would probably be better off finding a different pattern. That said this PDF file will give you all of the information that you need to knit the little mouse pictured
What you will need:
M a t e r i a l s:
• DK, worsted or light Aran yarn (approx 34m) in white Yarn A
• 4ply weight yarn (approx 8m) in a pink colour for the ears and tail Yarn B
• 4ply weight yarn in 3 contrasting colours for the clothing: Yarn C, Yarn D, Yarn E
• Scraps of grey, pink and black 4ply yarn for the eyes and facial features
• Toy stuffing
• A tiny button
N o t i o n s:
• Knitting needles: A pair each of 3mm, 2.75mm and 2.5mm
• Tapestry needle
F i n i s h e d s i z e:
approx 22cm (9 inches) from the tip of the toes to the top of the ears
Copyright © Julie Williams, Little Cotton Rabbits
All rights reserved