Go Lassie Go
Will Ye Go Lassie Go (aka Wild Mountain Thyme, aka Purple Heather) is a folk song whose origins are shrouded in the mists of time, with Irish and Scottish roots and ties to traditional melodies and poetry; it has been recorded by a wide variety of artists from Bob Dylan to Judy Collins to The Clancy Brothers and Tommy Makem to the Irish Tenors.
Cable and twisted stitch toe-up socks in two leg lengths ~ elegant bud and tendril motifs adorn the front and back leg.
- These toe-up socks begin with a wide (wedge) toe
- The instep is worked in a single cable and twisted stitch pattern with a narrow Garter stitch border along the edges
- The sole is worked in Stockinette
- The heel flap is worked in a reverse slipped stitch
- Once increases for the gusset have been completed, the short-row heel cap is worked leading into a reinforced heel flap; no need to pick up stitches
- The bud and tendril leg motif, which culminates in a final cable panel, is worked on both the front and back leg
- The bind off requires the knitter to be able to ‘read’ the stitches i.e. identify knit and purl stitches as they present themselves on the needles.
Both charts and written directions for charts are provided. Charts are contained in the main pattern document; the written directions for charts are included as a separate PDF.
A huge thank you to my ‘secret squirrel’ test knitters - Ravellers dragonxser and faeriepaw.
This pattern was originally designed for the Go Lassie Go Fundraiser Mystery KAL (Sep-Oct 2015). On behalf of the Mystery KAL participants, we were able to donate $354.00 to Kate and Chris’ Go Fund Me campaign!! Thanks so much everyone!!!!!