Pattern description from Wrap Style: “Kathleen Power Johnson admits to being a bit of a romantic and having a weakness for the feminine, flowing fashions of times gone by. For this feather-light wrap, she’s worked decorative yarnover increases in four swirling that radiate outward from the neck; then she’s added a wide lace ruffle to the lower edge. In a deep garnet red, this is the shawl to toss around your shoulders when you want to make a grand entrance, but keep it within easy reach for stay-at-home evenings in front of the fire.”
Finished Size: 88” (223.5 cm) from edge to edge at outside curve of ruffle after blocking, 16¼” (41 cm) wide at neck edge, and 20½” (52 cm) long.
- About 916 yd (838 m) of fingering-weight (Super Fine #1) yarn.
- Rowan Kidsilk haze (70% mohair, 30% silk; 229 yd (209 m)/25 g): #595 liqueur (burgundy), 4 balls.
- Wrap - Size 6 (4 mm): 24” (60-cm) circular (cir).
- Ruffle - Sizes 9 (5.5 mm) and 20 (6 mm): 24” (60-cm) cir.
- Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain the correct gauge.
Notions: Markers (m); removable marker or safety pin; large stitch holder or spare circular needle; tapestry needle.
Notes from Wrap Style:
- Wrap begins at neck edge.
- Take care that each marker between the sections of the wrap does not slip underneath the adjacent yarnover and migrate into the wrong position.