Pattern Description from MarnieMacLean.com: “What this hat lacks in complexity, it more than makes up for in versatility. Fun stripes, snaps or buttons and loads of styling options make this a fun and wearable piece. Based on my field work, I have determined that this hat, when worn with a ponytail or two, is sure to get a smile, so why not make a few in all your favorite colors.”
- Pattern contains 5 sizes from premie to adult with two stripe patterns and two closure options. The pattern also includes a tutorial for working the braided trim along the bottom of the hat.
- Finished Hat Circumference – 11 (12.5, 14.25, 15.75, 17.5)” / 28 (32, 36, 40, 44.5) cm
- Samples knit in largest size and shown with about 3” of negative ease.
- Cascade Fixation (98.3% cotton / 1.7% elastic), 50g, 100 yd Or
- Elann Esprit (98.3% cotton / 1.7% elastic), 50g, 100 yd
- US#5/3.75mm (or size to obtain gauge) circular knitting needle in 24”/60 cm length
- Spare needle of same or smaller size to hold sts temporarily
- 2 stitch markers
- 10 (11, 11, 12, 13) — 0.5” buttons OR 9 (10, 10, 11, 12) snaps
- Tapestry needle
- Needle and thread if required for buttons/snaps
- Optional: ribbon or cord to cinch top of hat
What you get: You are purchasing a PDF download. You will need a free copy of Adobe Acrobat to open and print the file. I accept Pay Pal payments only. This pattern is 4 pages plus a cover and is provided in color that should print well in black and white. The pattern includes a full and detailed schematics, photos and all the instructions needed to complete this pattern. Because of the nature of PDF downloads, I cannot offer refunds, but I will do everything I can to resolve issues that may arise. Please don’t hesitate to contact me.
To knit this pattern, you will need to:
* Knit * Purl * Working stripes * Working with two colors in 1 row * Bind off * Yarn over * Increasing * Ribbing