The stitch pattern looks like baby cables but is actually much simpler and quicker to work. This headband makes an ideal gift because of the soft, stretchy fit.
Two versions of the pattern are given - flat and in the round.
Intermediate/advanced knitters can work in the round for a seamless headband. Novices who wish to try a fun stitch pattern without the need to work in the round can choose to work it flat with a short seam hidden at the back.
With two balls of yarn, you can make this headband and the matching Helios Mitts for a lovely gift - or to keep for yourself! If you wish to do this and are making size L mitts, take care that your tension is correct because there will only be a few grams of yarn leftover. Buy them together in Helios Knits
One size to fit 51-61cm (20-24”) head. Very stretchy.
- MillaMia Naturally Soft Merino 100% wool, 125m/137yds per 50g ball. 1 ball scarlet or colour of your choice.
- To work in the round: 3.25mm/US3 circular needle with 40cm cable (or min 80cm cable for magic loop method), or set 3.25mm dns
- Stitch marker
- Tapestry needle for weaving in ends
- To work flat: 3.25mm/US3 needles 40cm/16” long, or work back and forth on circular needles with 60cm/24” cable.
- Tapestry needle for sewing up & weaving in ends
25 sts x 34 rows to 10cm/4” over stocking stitch using 3.25mm/US3 needles or size required to achieve tension.