Ice Storm: Long Cowl
This is one of 3 cowls that showcase a graphic stitch pattern in 3 beautiful ways.
This long cowl can be worn singly to look elegant, or you can twist it up double to keep chills at bay. Alternatively, by substituting a cotton yarn you would have a fantastic version to wear singly in warmer weather.
Choose a yarn with great stitch definition and in a solid colour. Avoid darker shades if you want to show off the textured zig-zags clearly. The cowls are worked slightly looser than ball band tension, for a drapier fabric.
All 3 patterns for men, women & kids cowls are now contained in this single pattern pdf AND the ebook Ice Storm: Cowls for now. Either option for buying the pattern set are £3.50. I have added the other cowls pics to the bottom so you can see them here - blue snug unisex cowl, lilac kids cowl.
You can buy the 3 cowls together with the matching mitts in the ebook Ice Storms for £4.50.
Worked in the round, the pattern information is both charted AND given in written instructions.
23cm/9” wide x 120cm/47” around
- MillaMia Naturally Soft Merino 100% wool 125m/137yds per 50g ball. 4 balls Putty or colour of your choice. For a warmer neutral, try Fawn. The stitch pattern would look fantastic in winter white Snow.
- 3.5mm/US 4 circular needles with 100cm/39” cable
- stitch markers
- tapestry needle to weave in ends
Suggested yarn alternatives:
- For a more luxurious, drapey version try Blue Sky Alpacas Alpaca Silk 50% alpaca 50% silk 133m/146yds per 50g skein, 4 skeins.
- For a lighter summer version, try Blue Sky Alpacas Skinny Cotton 100% organic cotton 137m/150yds per 65g, 4 skeins.
24 sts to 10cm/4” over stocking stitch (stockinette) using 3.5mm/US 4 needles or size required to achieve tension.