Ice Storm Mitts
You can also find this pattern in my new ebook Sun & Ice, which brings together 12 little accessories patterns for adults, kids and home.
These graphic mitts will keep you warm and looking elegant. They are worked in the round for a seamless finish.
The pattern includes both charts AND written instructions.
The sport weight yarn makes for a finer knit than dk, but without the work of fingering yarn - a good option for spring and autumn weather. Choose a yarn with great stitch definition and a solid colour for best effect.
You can also buy the mitts together with gorgeous matching cowls in the ebook Ice Storms.
S/M to fit 18cm/7” hand
L/XL to fit 20cm/8” hand
Both sizes 22.5cm/9” long
- MillaMia Naturally Soft Merino 100% wool, 125m/137yds per 50g ball. 2 balls in colour of your choice. L/XL sample photographed in shade Putty.
- Stitch markers
- Stitch holders Work in the round using your preferred method with EITHER set double pointed needles OR circular needles for magic loop 80cm/32” cable, OR two sets circular needles with 60cm/24” cable. You will need these in the sizes:
- 3.25mm/US 3 needles
- 3mm/US 2 1/2 needles
Suggested yarn alternatives:
Size S/M allow 155m/170yds. Size L/XL allow 180m/197yds.
- Rooster Baby 100% machine washable merino, 125m/137yds per 50g ball. 2 balls.
- Rooster Almerino Baby 50% baby alpaca, 50% merino wool, 125m/137yds per 50g ball. 2 balls.
- Blue Sky Alpacas Alpaca Silk 50% alpaca 50% silk 133m/146yds per 50g skein, 4 skeins.
25 sts to 10cm/4” over stocking stitch using 3.25mm/US 3 needles or size required to achieve tension.