The classic top-down triangle construction meets a beautiful all-over lace pattern in this shawl. Combined with a stunning gradient kit from Black Trillium Fibre Studio, you have a match made in heaven. One 675-yard kit will make you this large shawl, but with more yarn you can create an even larger shawl! With this pattern there’s lots of ways to customize your shawl to the size you want.
- Yarn used in shawl shown: Black Trillium Fibre Studio, Lilt Sock Gradient Kit, 85% SW merino, 15% silk, (5-135 yard skeins/165 grams total) in color Mint (1 kit)
- With extra yarn, you can add as many repeats of Chart A or B as you like. Make sure you complete a full repeat of Chart A before moving onto Chart B. If working extra repeats of Chart B, end with row 13, 15, 21 or 23 before binding off on WS. You can also make your shawl smaller by eliminating repeats of the charts if you want. Remember, changing the size of the shawl will affect the amount of yarn needed!
- For the shawl sample shown, the gradient kit was worked starting with the lightest color working to the darkest color, changing colors at the beginning of a row, when necessary.
- Written instructions are included with charts
- If you are using stitch markers to mark each 6-stitch lace repeat on Chart B, you will need to adjust the markers on some rows.
Wingspan: 80”; Depth: 40”