JINX IS NOW AVAILABLE IN GERMAN!
~pattern translation courtesy of Thomas aka NieBluna
Materials & Tools
- MC & CC of any weight yarn- Approx. 100 yds of MC & 35 yds of CC for Worsted -see my projects page for DK & Heavy Worsted yardage
- US 5, but needle size will vary depending on the yarn you use. I suggest going down 1 - 2 sizes from the smallest needle size for the recommended gauge on the yarn label.
- this project can be worked on DPN’s, 2 circs or a 40” circular for Magic Loop (my Preferred method), just make sure to distribute your stitches evenly for working in the round
- additional needle for 3-needle dec
- tapestry needle
- stitch marker (optional) to mark beg of round
- safety eyes & nose - my samples purchased from seller 6060 on Etsy
- embroidery floss or yarn scraps for mouth
- buttons for embellishment (optional)
You want a tight fabric when knitting toys so the polyfil won’t poke through. I always go down 1 - 2 needle sizes from the smallest size recommended on the yarn label.
- I typically use a US 5 or 6 for Worsted, US 2 or 3 for DK & US 0 or 1 for Fingering. These are only suggestions & everyone knits differently, so as long as you are getting a dense fabric, you‘re good to go!
DK sample is approx 8.5” tall
Worsted sample is approx 9” tall
Heavy Worsted sample is appox 10” tall
all measurements are from bottom of foot to top of ear
-3-needle decrease & join - instruction provided in pattern w/photos
-knitting in the round