Knit completely in the round. Easy, fast and FUN!!!
Skills needed: To knit this toy, you will need to:
- Be familiar with toy construction or be an adventurous beginner
- Knit in the round
- Increase and decrease stitches
- Knit I-Cord
Size: Patch measures approximately 10.5” tall, from top of stem to bottom of leaf foot, when knit in worsted weight yarn
Yarn: Patch was designed using approx. 25 yds each of 3 different colorways of Dancing Dog Dyeworks Waltz Worsted yarn, although you can also substitute any favorite weight yarns.
Materials & Tools
- 25 yds each of main color and two contrasting colors
- needle size will vary depending on the yarn you use. I suggest going down 1 - 2 sizes from the smallest needle size for the recommended gauge on the yarn label.
- this project can be worked on DPNs, 2 circs or a 40” circular for Magic Loop (my Preferred method), just make sure to distribute your stitches evenly for working in the round
- tapestry needle
- safety eyes - my samples purchased from seller 6060 on Etsy
- embroidery floss or yarn scraps for mouth
- wool felt for eyes
- fabric glue