Welcome! You are browsing as a guestWould you like to see 12 projects made from this pattern and much more? join Ravelry now What am I missing?
Jubileum Adult Cardigan
- Jubileum was produced to honor the 60th anniversary of Dale's Heilo yarn.
- This is the cardigan version of Jubileum. There are also patterns for a pullover that places the pattern motifs differently , matching accessories and children's versions.
- Five sizes are given for this unisex sweater ranging from 41.75 inches (106cm) to 52 inches (132cm) finished chest measurement. There is a schematic detailing significant measurements for all sizes.
- The sweater is knit in the round. The armholes are cut and sewn although it is easy to modify the pattern to knit the upper body back and forth if you prefer. You will need double pointed and 16 and 29 inch circular needles in each of the sizes listed or as needed to get gauge.
- The pattern calls for an approximately 10 inch vertical neck opening that is sewn, cut and then finished with a knitted on facing. Two pewter clasps are needed. It would be very easy to knit a crew neck instead.
- Stranded knitting from charts is coupled with embroidery applied to the sweater after it is assembled.
- Two color ways are suggested. You will need 10-13 balls of a main color, 3-5 balls of a second color, 5-6 of a third and small amounts of three additional colors for the embroidery.
- The collar, cuffs and bottom band are hemmed and faced with embroidered decoration.