Pattern is worked completely in the round. All the pieces are attached as you go so there is NO seaming.
A fun, quick and easy project for knitters of any skill level. All the shaping is made with simple increase & decrease stitches.
Skills required to knit this toy:
-Knit in the round
-Increase and decrease stitches
-Follow instructions for a three-needle decrease (provided in pattern)
Sizes: The Worsted sample is approximately 7.5” from base to top of head.
Materials & Tools
• Yarn in the weight and color of your choice. For my samples, I used approximately 30 grams of Junkyarn Worsted. Your yardage will vary based on yarn weight and needle size.
• Needles for working in the round (DPNs, 2 circulars, or 1 long circular for Magic Loop). Needle size will vary depending on the yarn you use (see Gauge).
• An additional needle, same size as above, to use when working a three-needle decrease or a 3-needle bind-off.
• Tapestry needle
• A pair of safety eyes and a safety nose (15mm eyes/12mm nose)
• Scrap yarn or spare needles for holding live stitches
• Black embroidery floss for eyebrows, eyelashes & mouth
• Faux pearl/rhinestone trim for a collar (optional)
You want to produce a dense fabric so the polyfil does not poke through. Use a needle that is at least 1 or 2 sizes smaller than the smallest needle size recommended on the yarn label.