Kveta Mitts and Mittens
Let us use all our pretty scraps of yarn to make flowery mitts and mittens!
Kveta is a Czech girl’s name (=bloom, flowers).
Sizing is based on hand/palm measurement (without thumb):
XS - toddler, 2-3T
S - small child, 4-5
M - child, 6-8
L - teen, 10+
XL - small adult, small/medium women
XXL - large adult, large women/small men
This pattern is suitable for any DK or light worsted weight merino yarns, and its blends, perfect for semisolid or variegated colorways!!!!
Green mitts (size S) shown in Dream in Cashmere SW DK by Green Strings, In These Hands colorway.
Blue Mittens (size S) shown in Gaia Organic Merino Worsted, Guinevere colorway.
90(130, 160, 200, 210, 220) yds
80(120, 150, 180, 190, 200) m
Yardage is generous estimate. You will need approx. equal amounts of each color for kids sizes if 2 colors are being used.
2 out of 5
US 4/3.5 mm DPNs (or 40”/100cm circular needle for magic loop)
US 2.5/3mm DPNs (or 40”/100cm circular needle for magic loop)
3 stitch markers
- directions for mitts and mittens
- 6 sizes from toddler to large adult
- standard or fold-over cuff
- standard or fold-over rib allowing cover your fingers
- directions for one color, or adding contrasting color
- directions on how to make and attach flower
- generous cuffs and thumb gussets ensure that the mitts/mittens stay put
- tips on how to avoid purling!
Please read the pattern before printing.
As the sizes are color coded printing in full color is recommended. Please highlight the numbers that apply to your size to avoid any confusion.