Lace-Up Fingerless Gloves
Pattern description from Alterknits: “I have lost count of how many pairs of fingerless gloves I own, or have knitted for others. Getting bored with the patterns I had used before, I decided to dress these up by adding length to the cuff and then lacing it up with silk ribbon.”
Finished Measurements: To fit: Woman’s Small (Medium, Large), 7.5 (8, 8.5)” hand circumference.
Yarn and Ribbon:
- Manos del Uruguay (100% wool; 138 yards/100 grams): 1 (1, 2) skeins. Shown in #32 gasoline.
- 2 yards Hannah Silk bias-cut 1”-wide silk ribbon (cut into two 36-inch pieces).
- One set straight needles size US 8 (5mm).
- One set of 5 double-pointed needles (dpn) size US 8 (5mm).
- Change needle size if necessary to obtain the correct gauge.
Notions: Yarn needle, stitch markers, stitch holder or waste yarn.