This is a versatile triangular shawl designed to be as cosy and wearable as you want. Choose the large size for warm, “wrappable” comfort, or the smaller size for a quick scarf to keep away the chill in the spring and fall.
You might enjoy a bright colour to bring cheer on grey days, or a dark shade for a more striking effect! This pattern is ideal for intermediate knitters looking to practice their lace skills.
Instructions rely on charts, and “wrong side” rows of this shawl are worked purl-wise (i.e. pattern rows on RS only). Minimal experience working lace and reading charts is ideal.
The sample shawl uses ‘Sweet Sheep Super Soft skein’, which is a lofty 2-ply fingering weight in large 250g skeins for shawl knitting. Pattern instructions are included for a small, scarf-sized shawl as well as the larger version seen here.
• Sweet Sheep soft spun ‘Super Skein’ (980 yds/895m per 8oz/225g), 1 skein (for large size)
• For smaller ‘scarf’ size, use comparable fingering weight of 370 yds or more.
• 4.0mm/Size 6 circular needle (24” in length), OR size required to obtain similar gauge
• Finished shawl measures approximately 80 ins in width for large shawl, 55 ins in width for small scarf/shawl.
• 18sts over 4.25 ins, in lace pattern for Chart 1, on 4.0mm needles
To execute this pattern, knitters will be required to:
• Work from a chart
• Work knit and purl
• Work decreases
• Work basic lace patterns including yarnovers
• Block completed shawl
Also available online at The Sweet Sheep.