Laughing Buddha Amigurumi Monk Doll
This PDF pattern describes in US terminology how to crochet a laughing Buddha as shown on picture, including the cloth.
Finished size will be approx. 9” (23 cm) tall, in sitting position, crocheted using acrylic yarn (8 ply / DK), with hook size E (3.5 mm). If you wish to make a taller or smaller version of this Buddha, you can just use thicker or thinner yarn / crochet hook. This pattern is also suitable for wool or cotton yarn.
Stitches used : slip stitch, single crochet, half double crochet, bobble stitch (instruction included).
The entire Buddha will be worked in continuous rounds. His cloth will be worked in rows.
Materials needed :
- Crochet hook size E (3.5 mm)
- Yarn: skin color (approx. 100 gr, 294 m / 322 yds), bronze (approx. 75 gr, 220 m / 241 yds)
- Fiberfill stuffing, black and light brown embroidery floss
- Stitch marker, tapestry needle, pins
Skill level : advanced beginner / intermediate
Gauge is not important for this pattern, just crochet tight enough so your stuffing will not show through the stitches.
If you like this design, check out my Ravelry store for more !
Pattern is my own original design, described in English, using US terminology.
• English version (US terms) of the pattern (PDF) is available as an instand download after received payment. There is also a printer friendly version included.
Dutch: Nederlandstalig patroon staat op PDF en is direct te downloaden na ontvangen betaling.
Français : Modèle de langue Français est sur PDF et est immédiatement téléchargeable après paiement reçu.