Please join us in my Ravelry group for a Leventry knitalong starting July 1!
Leventry is a sophisticated shawl worked in two colors of fingering weight yarn. Starting with a garter tab, the shawl is worked from the top down and begins with two-color stripes that combine the textures of stockinette and garter stitch. The lower portion is highlighted by a band of geometric lace, and the border is finished with an additional stripe of color and a lacy picot bind off.
Roughly 400-420 yds./366-384 m of each color is needed for this shawl. The sample used less than one skein of each color of the recommended yarn.
To knit this pattern, you need to know how to:
- do a provisional cast on and pick up stitches along a garter edge (for the garter tab),
- knit and purl when working flat,
- do directional increases,
- work lace stitches from a chart or written directions,
- do a centered double decrease, and
- do a cable cast on (for the picot bind off).
The lace portion of this shawl is both charted and written.