Inspired by research for my novel Beautiful Wreck, a time travel Viking love story.
- includes instructions for Aran weight (shown) and DK/heavy fingering
- size 10.5/6.5 mm or size 5/3.75 mm respectively
- 3-dimensional shawl, with deeply ruffled edges
- written pattern, no chart
- knits, purls and yarn overs only
- no short rows, no other techniques involved
Inspired by the frilly, white lichens scattered everywhere around the Viking farm I visited in Iceland. This is a very simple pattern appropriate for a beginner-with-a-friend-to-answer-questions, yet also fascinating for more advanced crafters.