Pattern description from The Celtic Collection: “Key patterns were often used to frame a motif on stonework, or the page of a manuscript. Here I chose a stylized flower as the motif and then framed it with a narrow border of the key pattern. Repeating the pattern produced an exotic tiled effect. I wanted to evoke a mood of ancient mystery, so I introduced the deep, subtle colours.”
- One size fits chest/bust 86-101 cm/34-40”
- Underarm 120 cm/47½”
- Length from top of shoulder 63.5 cm/24¾”
- Sleeve length 45.5 cm/18”
- Yarn: Rowan Lambswool Tweed; Rowan DDK; Rowan LDK; Rowan Kid/Silk
- A. Petrol LDK (54) 150g; B. Old Gold Kid/Silk (989) 75g; C. Blue Grey DDK (65) 50g; D. Olive DDK (407) 100g; E. Dark Ore Lambswool Tweed (183) 100g; F. Indigo LDK (108) 25g; G. Sea Blue LDK (53) 50g; H. Deep Purple DDK (99) 50g; I. Steel Blue LDK (52) 25g; J. Airforce LDK (88) 100g; K. Kohl Lambswool Tweed (185) 50g; L. Grey DDK (61) 100g; M. Steel Blue Kid/Silk (991) 75g; N. Gold LDK (405) 50g; O. Red Rust DDK (627) 50g; P. Russet DDK (663) 50g; Q. Dark Emerald DDK (658) 100g; R. Sienna DDK (77) 100g; S. Dark Emerald Lambswool Tweed (182) 50g; T. Rust DDK (662) 50g.
- 1 set of double pointed or circular needles in 3¼mm (US3) and 3¾mm (US5)
- 4 stitch holders
- Stitch markers
Gauge: 20 sts and 22 rows to 8cm (19 sts and 21 rows to 3”) measured over chart patt using 3.75mm (US5) needles and working the patt on the right side only, breaking off yarns at the end of every row.
Published in 1992.
Most of the specified yarns have been discontinued. Pattern calls for 20 different colors of DK yarn. A kit is available from Virtual Yarns.