Liv’s Coat pattern is currently being updated as it is almost 3 years old! Update will include easier to read charts, imperial/metric measurements, many small clarifications. Set to re-release February 2014!
Knit seamlessly from the neck down, beginning with a Provisional cast on, this classic little jacket features unique asymmetrical diamond cabling on the fronts, sleeves and back, as well as running up and over the hood. The hood is knit on from the neck up, seamlessly. Cuffs, hem, front opening and hood bands are all done in garter stitch with a contrasting I-cord edge applied last. A zipper helps to keep the chill out or choose the optional buttons & loops.
2.5 - 4” (6.5 - 10cm) of positive ease make this the perfect indoor/outdoor jacket.
Skill Level: Intermediate to Advanced
Needles & Notions:
• US 5 (3.75mm) circular needles OR size needed to obtain gauge; 24” (60cm) length
• US 3 (3.25mm) circular needles OR 2 sizes smaller than size needed to obtain gauge; 24” (60cm) length
• US 6 (4mm) crochet hook for Provisional Cast On
• Waste yarn in another colour for Provisional Cast On
• Cable needle
• 8 stitch markers of one colour to mark raglan seams
• 10 stitch markers in 2nd colour to mark cables
• 2 stitch markers in 3rd colour to mark garter borders
• Tapestry needle
• Sharp needle for sewing zipper, pins & matching thread
• Zipper; for best results, complete knitting and blocking prior to choosing a zipper size
• Buttons; 3 or desired number of buttons, .5” (1.5cm) in diameter
Pg. 1: All Photos & Description
Pg. 2: Yardage requirements, size table, gauge, needles & notions, techniques & stitches used
Pg.’s 3-9: Instructions
Pg. 10: Contact Info & copyright
pg. 11: Schematic
Pg.’s 12-18: 7 charts; one for each size.
Please take a look through pattern before beginning and print what you need.