- glowing with or giving off light
I love everything about this set.
The hat is tremendously flattering (seriously, everyone who has tried it on has wanted to sneak off with it) and great fun to knit. The lovely starburst pattern is easy to work (the technique is super versatile and you may find yourself adding it to other projects). And the rest of the hat is quick-to-knit stockinette, so you’ll be done in no time.
The bonus cuff pattern (worked at 36 stitches in 4 inches in stockinette to fit a wrist of 6.25, 6.75, 7.25, or 7.75 inches) offers another chance to play with the starburst. It was too much fun not to do again!
A quick note about the yarn. The yarn used in the pattern is listed as a DK, but it’s on the light side of DK yarns. You should always check your gauge of course, but I suspect you’ll be able to use heavy fingering yarns equally well.
These are perfect for you if:
- You’re looking for a truly flattering hat
- You want to play with dropped stitches
They’re not for you if:
- You don’t like charts (the pattern uses charts)
- You hate swatching (you need to swatch to check your needle size)