Lucky Star Tablecloth #7144
Note: some sources give instructions for the full-sized tablecloth, others give instructions for the motif and fill-in lace, and suggest various-sized cloths or mats that can be made with them.
Materials: Size 20 crochet thread, J. & P. Coats or Clark’s brands recommended.
Milward’s steel crochet hook No. 11 or 12.
Gauge and Yardage: One motif measures 4-1/2 inches in diameter. Main motif requires about 35 yards, and fill-in motif requires about 4 yards. A tablecloth measuring 72 x 90 inches requires 44 balls of Clark’s Big Ball Mercerized Crochet, or approximately 12,340 yards.
Available from Dover as a tablecloth version here
Available online for purchase through Leisure Arts as Legacy Tablecloth with four sizes using size 20 thread and a 1 mm hook here and in Crochet with Heart 1996 issue.
Small Square (60” x 60”), Large Square (68” x 68”), Small Rectangle (60” x 84”), and Large Rectangle (72” x 96”)
- Book No. 123, New Ideas in Crochet: Table Topics, The Spool Cotton Company, 1938.
- Book No. 157, New Table Talk, The Spool Cotton Company, 1941.
- Book Number 157, New Table Talk, The Canadian Spool Cotton Company, 1941.
- Book No. 173, Old and New Favorites, The Spool Cotton Company, 1941.
- Book No. 217, Favorite Doilies, The Canadian Spool Cotton Company, 1945.
- The Complete Book of Crochet, c. 1946.
- Clark’s O.N.T. · J.&P. Coats Book No. 238, Old and New Favorites by Special Request, The Spool Cotton Company, c. 1947.
- Clark’s O.N.T. · J.&P. Coats Book No. 269, Old and New Favorites, The Spool Cotton Company, 1950.
- Coats & Clark’s O.N.T. Book No. 308, Old and New Favorites, Coats & Clark Inc., 1954.
- Paragon Crochet Book 109, New Every Purpose Crochet Motifs, c. 1960s.
- Crocheting Tablecloths and Placemats (Dover Needlework Series), Dover Publications, 1975.
- Coats & Clark’s Book No. 104, Crochet Favorites: Old and New, 1980.
- Old-Time Crochet Patterns & Designs, Winter 1980.